Monday, March 21, 2011

Adventurer's story, part 2

...so I have took the road north.
I have walked all the way to the other side of the Gridania, where lies the Conjurers guild.
I was always interested in secrets of magic, knowing a little bit cant do any harm.
I have spend a long time listening to Conjurer master's explanation about the elements and how to control them.
It was indeed quite interesting, so I decided to start practicing right away.

But first, I will need a Conjurer's wand. I know where they sell them, its in carpentry guild.
Ah wait, I'm carpenter, am I not? I have never created a magic wand, but I could give it a try.


Upon my arrival to carpenters guild, I started asking about how to make a magic wand.
I have found out it is not so difficult. I will just need a log and a Growth Formula made by an alchemist.

After searching my bag, I have found out that I have both components.
That's strange, I must have picked up the growth formula somewhere in wilds. Maybe it does grow on trees? That's quite handy.
It did not took long until I had my new magic wand in my hand. It was quite easy actually, that must be some kind of magic. Oh wait, it is magic.

I have passed the Gridania gates in search of quiet place to practice.
There are many adventurers here, this may not be an easy task.


After a short search, I have found quiet place on east side of central forest.
Nobody is here, just squirrels, this will be the best place.

I have started by slowly and patiently repeating everything I have learned from Conjurer's master.

Oh, wopsie, squirrel is on fireeee!
*Splashed the squirrel with a water spell*
Now that's better.
*picks up a nearby stick and pokes a little squirrel*
Umm, its not moving...
Oh well, practice makes things better.

I have practiced without the rest for many hours *and put many squirrels on fire* and I finally got a the basics right.

Now would be a good time to travel to the north forest and give it a real try.


I may not be good in offensive spells, but I'm doing quite well with defensive ones.
That is to my liking anyway.


After taking out few dangerous looking creatures and few squirrels, I really started to like my new skills.
I was able to do everything with much more ease then before.

While I'm archer and I have learned skills that of mage, does it make me an Arch-Mage?
Well, probably not. But maybe one day...

Satisfied with my day, I have returned back to Gridania to get a good night rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment