Monday, March 21, 2011

Carpenter's story, part 2

I woke up refreshed with a clear goal in my mind. Today, I will do my best to get myself a new saw.



I have visited the carpentry guild again, asking them if they can introduce me to good blacksmith.
I was told about the master blacksmith living in Uldah, but price for borrowing his skills for inexperienced adventurer like me would be too high.

Knowing I don't have much of a choice, I went my way to market wards again.
Asking all merchants took me long time and all I was offered a bronze saw, but I wanted a better one.

Thinking over all my choices, I decided to depart to large market town, Uldah.
Starting with the preparations for my long journey right away, I have packed some dodo eggs, fresh vegetables, arrows and all valuables I had.

After double checking everything, I have departed to the south from Gridania where lies the town of Uldah.



On my way, shortly after the town gates, I seen a squirrel running towards me.
Now this seems strange, they don't usually do this.



I did not stand idle for a moment. I have drawn my arrow and send a little vicious creature flying away.
Now that was a surprise, something strange is going on here.

But I don't have time to stay here, its still a long way to Uldah. So I took my turn and continued walking.

After a long time, I have suddenly spotted some strange creature. I have walked my way to Uldah several times, but I never seen an Eft on my way there.
Come to think of it, this area does not seem to be familiar.



Oh my, I must have taken a wrong turn when I whacked that squirrel.
Baaad squirrel, confusing me like this.

Not having much of the choice, I have walked all the way back to the central forest and took the turn towards the south forest.

After a short detour, I have final arrived to Uldah and headed straight towards market wards.
There are many merchants in Uldah, it took a long time, but I found something that taken my attention.
It was a iron saw. This one is much better then the one I wanted and may be little too good for my skill, but it took a long time to find it.
When I asked about the price, I could not believe my ears. It was really expansive, more than I even had. But the quality seems to be good.
I have decided to take all my valuables and sell them in nearby store, after all, there does not seems to be many opportunities.
After selling almost everything valuable I had, I was able to get at least that much so I could afford it.

Walking away from the market with my new saw and just few gil in my pocket, I was heading back home to Gridania.



Not having much gil left, I decided to play with squirrels on my way back. After all, I need at least a little bit to borrow the facilities at carpenters guild.

After my arrival to Gridania, I have visited the inn asking for some new task to test out my new iron saw.
I have received a difficult one, one that should be too hard for me now. I have hesitated a little, but after a while I have decided to try.
As I started crafting, I was really surprised. My new saw is really sharp and easy to handle. I was able to finish the task without a little problem.

Testing out my skills, I have visited the carpentry guild and borrowed their facilities. Now it is time to make something and sell it to make a little gil.
With a little resources I had left, I was able to make one willow shortbow and half willow mask. It was so much easier now.



After handing over my new creations to my retainer, I have settled down at my favorite place in the flower field near the river.

Thinking about what a nice day it was, I have lowered my head and felt asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment