Monday, March 21, 2011

The Black Shroud and beyond, part 3

...suddenly I was woken up by strange sensation.

I have quickly opened my eyes and seen little squirrel licking my hand.
With one swift move, I caught it. Ah, you silly little thing, I had such a nice dream and you ruined it.
But then something crossed my mind as my tummy growled. I need to make something to breakfast, looking at the little squirrel as its trying to move around and free itself.
Ah no, it would be hassle to prepare and its looks all bones anyway. So I lowered my hand to ground and soften my grip to let little squirrel go.

After watching it running away behind near tree as fastest as it could, I have opened my bag to find some ingredients for today's breakfast.
Ah, what a mess, I know my dream was too good to be true.
After tossing away half of items in my bag I finally found some dodo eggs. Great, I can use these.
I lid a fire and got out my frying pan. As I was cooking my dodo eggs twins style, I noticed how squirrels are starting to gather around me.
Oh gee, this place is infested with squirrels. Could it be that they are actually predators with cute faces who killed almost all other animals in Eorzea? That would explain their numbers. I can hardly see anything other then squirrel.
After finishing my breakfast, I have opened the map to decide my next way.
I packed my things, cleaned the place and departed from my camp.

Heading my way to west forest, I was walking narrow path trough the mountains. It seems to be quite far from here, all I can see are mountains around me.
But then suddenly, I seen a creature that I never seen before. It was black lone wolf. This creature seems to be dangerous and more then I can handle, so I decided to head back and continue my journey in north forest.

I was really long walk, north forest is really far. I had to take a rest in between.
I have seen many adventurers walking their way trough this path or fighting mushrooms and infamous squirrels. Everyone seemed really busy hurrying somewhere.

I finally arrived at North forest. As I was making my way trough it, I noticed its difference from central one. This place seems to have lot of height differences. I have walked past many paths uphill but I have decided to follow main road as I really don't want to get lost here. I'm but familiar with this place yet, and it could be quite dangerous.

Shortly, I have arrived at the end of the main road marked in the map.
But I can see the path continuing straight between two mountains even trough there is no mark on the map.
Continuing to the uncharted area may be dangerous, but I can try is I'm careful enough after all.
Walking my way trough narrow path between mountains I have walked into area not charted on the map.



As I finally left The Black Shroud forest, I seen wide area surrounded by mountains. This place is certainly different from what I seen so far on my journeys, but yet its similar in one thing. There are squirrels everywhere. They seems to be slowly infesting other parts of world too, that could get dangerous.

Not knowing the area I was in, I walked slowly and carefully following the path until I arrived to long stone bridge above deep canyon like crack in the mountain. I could see really far from it, it would not be too wise jump down from here.
I have continued to follow the road to see where it will take me. This place have some creatures I have never seen before. Really strange one I encountered was big hair ball like creature.
Trying to make my way around dangerous vultures, I have finally arrived to the end of the road.

There stood a lone gate guarded by two Hyurs.
I have approached the guards greeting them and asked them about this place. They told me, that further after this gate lies great town of Ishgard.
But when I asked them if they would let me pass so I could visit their city, they refused to let me trough until they get sign from their god, Fury.
Tired from the long journey, I did not wanted to start any religion talks, so I gave up on it. After all, I still have to return back home to Gridania.
But I was little curious after all about his city so I walked next to gate to reach the cliff next to it.



And I saw it, this town really looks particular from here. Is looks like one big building with many large towers.
I hope that one day, their got will let me pass and I will be able to see how it looks inside.

Knowing I'm not able to pass any further, I decided to turn around and return back home to Gridania.
It was long and exciting journey after all and I learned many new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment