Monday, March 21, 2011

Meeting a linkshell

This is a story of the beginning, on the first day when I arrived to the town of Gridania.

While I have already traveled trough the world of Eorzea, I was still green and did not know my way around in this town. I was wandering narrow roads in the town trying to figure out my way around.

On my way, I have passed around many shops, stalls and various buildings. I have also seem many adventurers like me wandering around the town.



One building to get my attention was the local inn, also known as Adventurers Guild.
This is a place where many adventurers meet up resting, talking about their journeys but also plan their new adventures.
I have heard many adventurers asking about where to find certain shops and guilds, but most question still remained unanswered. It is clear that I have arrived at the same time as many others.

I have decided to wait a little bit with further exploration of the town as there were too many people around, it wont run away after all. So I left the inn and headed my way to the central part of the Gridania.



There I arrived to the location that interested me last time I walked by. It was a beautiful wooden bridge above the river which is crossing trough center of the town.
As I observed the waterfall and water surface, I began to feel nicely relaxed.

Suddenly I was my concentration was disturbed as I head footsteps approaching me. When I turned around, I was greeted by tall Hyur.
This was the first time I met hit, but I had a feeling like I knew him for a long time.
We sit down together on the bridge and talked about our town and the world of Eorzea.
After a while, he offered me to join him in his linkshell. Without hesitation I accepted his offer as I know the best that its better for have friends for many adventures to come then wondering this wide world alone.

We were only two members of this linkshell so far, but he told me about other adventurers who will be joining us and invited me of a journey to other towns to meet up with them.

Our journey will be long, we will be visiting two other towns, Uldah and continue to Limsa.
Knowing the extend of this long journey, I have decided to offer my anima and use power of Aether to fly to town of Uldah. Using Aether is really comfortable and fast way to travel, but it is dangerous for the body when used too much.

We have arrived really fast, in front of Aetheryte in Uldah. There stood a Roegadyn, out new linkshell member as if he already knew we were coming.

After inviting our new linkshell member, we departed right away. Our next destination, Limsa, is not that far from here so we decided to walk by foot. After all, its not a good idea to use power of Aether too much.
Traveling trough a desert is little harsh, but while we were following the road to west, we have safely arrived to the dock just in time.
The ship have just arrived. We have boarded it and while watching the waves and little exploring of the ship we were getting closer to Limsa.
It did not took long before the captain announced our arrival to Limsa.



After arrival, we made our way trough Limsa heading towards the towns gate. After while of waiting and calling out, we met with rest of our new linkshell members.



It was already getting late and we were all tired from long journey, but still have to take our way back.
We have decided to use power of Aetheryte one more time today to fly back to Gridania after our long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment