Monday, March 21, 2011

Meeting with gathering

Today I have decide to work little on my crafting skills. I have already learned basic crafting skill, but that's for the different story.

Now it would be good time to start thinking about crafting something useful. But there is one big problem and that is materials.
I have been looking for basic materials in market, but there does not seem to be many these days.
There is only one option left, to go and gather them myself.

First thing I need are gathering tools.
I have departed my way to ebony stalls as I remember seeing gathering tools sold over there.
Upon my arrival, I was able to find mining tools easily, but botany tools were nowhere to be found.
But then, I remembered seeing botany guild on east side of Gridania.

Finding all tools needed for logging and mining, I had almost everything ready for my next adventure.
I have checked up my bag and quiver, ensured that I have enough arrows just in case and packed in one extra map of The Black Shroud for marking down all good gathering spots I can find.

I have departed from Gridania trough Blue Badger Gate heading my usual way trough camp Bentbranch.



While I approached second wide plain, I have spotted first good mining spot.



I have approached it and started mining right away.
I did not had much luck, but as inexperienced miner, that has to be expected so I have put back my pickaxe and turned around.
Right from here I could see one mature tree and many plants I could gather.



I have decided to try logging first so I have approached mature tree and started right away.
I was able to successfully get two willow logs.



Next to the road to camp, I was able to gather several plant. Seems like I have better talent in botany then mining.

After marking all these spots I found, I took my way trough camp Bentbranch to next wide plain.
In this area, I was able to find two mature trees, one area with many plants and in the river one quarry area sparkling with gems.
After finishing gathering on all these spots, I found mining spots in beginning of both roads leading from this area.

Walking trough entire central forest polishing my gathering skills I got many nature resources and marked all locations in my map.

My bag was getting heavy and filled up, so I have decided to head back home to Gridania so I can review everything I gathered and decide how to use them.
When I arrived to Gridania, I stopped by the inn to have a short rest and opened up my map with marked spots where I found resources.
From what I seen, there is a certain patten where are these good spots located.
Most of them and often multiple are located in wider plains surrounded by forest and quarry spots can be found near shallow rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment