Monday, March 21, 2011

The Black Shroud and beyond, part 1

It has already been a few days since I first arrived to Gridania and I have already been trough some exciting adventures.
I went on the journey to other towns in Eorzea, I was helping locals with their problems and completed leves that they gave me and I even spend a lot of my time in marketplace taking to merchants all over the place.
It was all great experience and I have learned a lot, but I still have so many places to explore and so many things to learn.

There are so many places I would like to visit, so today, I decided on my next adventure to explore depths of The Black Shroud, old and large forest surrounding my home town Gridania.


So I have sit down in Gridania's inn and started studying the map of near forest.
After a while, I noticed that its not actually one forest, but five of them. Whole area is divided into central, east, south, west and north forests which are separated by mountains.
Today, I will start with exploring nearby part of the forest. After all, knowing the surroundings of ones own home town is most important thing for any adventurer.

I have packed all important supplies, put my trusty bow and quiver over my shoulder and departed to near camp, Bentbranch.
I know my way there very well as I been there several times already and its not so far. So I decided to make it a starting point for my journey.

After a while, I have arrived to the camp Bentbranch. But I have decided not to stop here. After all, I dont need any more supplies and so I continued my travels to the south following the main road.
It did not took long until I noticed a lake by my left not so far away from me. I have looked at the map and seen this lake is called The Mirror. Name of this lake took my interest right away.
Close from here, I took the side way up to hills heading my way closer to lake.
Shortly after, I have arrived to the shore.


It was quite particular sight. Just by standing here was filling me with nice relaxed feelings. This is really one of few nature wonders everybody should see at least once.
In such a short moment, this place has become special to me and I will surely come back here often to relax.
After a long while, I somehow forced myself to stop staring at the lake and continue my journey.

After i got back to the road, I have decided to walk a little back and continue exploring west part of central forest.


On my way trough middle part of the central forest, I have found several ore deposits and mature trees. There were even several good harvesting locations close together, specially in wide areas across the forest.
While I'm not miners nor botanist, this information may help some other adventurers who I may encounter on my way.

As I arrived to west end of central forest and seen as sun is no longer sparkling trough tree tops, I decided to make a camp here in narrow area little further from main road.


I have gathered leafs from around the area and make nice and comfortable bed for tonight. After all, my journey will still be long and resting is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment