Monday, March 21, 2011

Traveling trough Eorzea

I have started form my home city Gridania, exploring depths of its forest.
Its quite amazing, specially scenery with rivers and flowers gives out peaceful and relaxing feeling.

Unfortunately I have noticed that I walked around same river with same flower and tree layout several times on multiple places. Its also not just rivers but large areas which are copied over and over.
I was walking in area I knew really well, I take my turn as I always did and suddenly encountered group of aggressive monsters. I just hid my tail between my legs and run away fastest I could. But it was all pointless, wolves just gave up chasing me, pulled its teeth and throw them at me. Ouch, critical >.< Wolves nowdays are capable of ranged attacks on twice a distance then archer. Have to be more careful.
Guess the mother nature also like copy paste techniques ^.^

At the end, I was not able to explore whole forest around Gridania, some narrow roads are guarded by strong aggressive monsters who are not willing to talk it over >.<

Later I have arrived finally at the end of the forest and entered the desert.
It was a vast desert with nothing as far as eye could see. It was desert storm after all.
I have walked along the rough carefully as the area was unknown to me, but then I seen something strange within the ruins of some old building. As I was approaching strange small shape I began to understand fears of this desert.
What stood there was little green pantomimist. Its hands were twisted and its face showed large mental shock it was going trough.
There I was thinking, is it so rare to see miqote from Gridania all the way here or was is just urgent need for toilet?
But I didn't stopped being careful there and slowly stepped back before little pantomimist could recover from its shock.

Continuing my journey trough the desert, I slowly walked along the road to see where it take me. Along my way, I met many inhabitants of the desert, from small squirrels hopelessly lost in desert to giant ants.
While later sand storm have stopped and I began to see how beautiful this desert really is. All strange shaped rocks, canyon walls and mysterious red flowers gives it unique feeling.
But then I saw large city not so far from me, so I decided to head there right away.

Behind the grand gate lies city of Uldah. All roads and buildings are done from large stone blocks and while city is build in circle shape, this is clearly a merchant city, one of most amazing and lively places I ever seen.
I decide to explore Uldah little more and get to know the area, so I offered my help in adventurers guild and taken 2 local leves.
So I went my way and found first person seeking my help. It was elegant lady dressed in red robe. I took out my tools and did my best resulting in few pairs of lauan shoes, really nice work. I will make one pain for myself later.
I handed finished product to her and instead of thanks she was really rude to me.
I did not let it bother me much and went to first camp to finish another job for little lalafell. It was an easy job, I did again excellent work. But this little guy was extremely rude too, even using words which should never be spoken.

Not knowing why people in Uldah hate me so much, I decided not to help them any longer and continue my journey to the coast on east side of the continent. As I was getting closer to coast, I noticed some change in environment. Desert started to fade and I could see first trees and green.
As the road followed trough cave, I have shortly arrived to port. I decided to take first boat to Limsa and to my surprise they did not asked for any fee.
After boarding the ship to Limsa, I have sit down at the front and watched the waves around. It was long sail, but we finally arrived at Limsa safely.
I've been here before so I'm quite familiar with this large city carved into the cliffs.
I have decided to help out people here with doing some leves too, to my surprise they were all more or less nice to me.
With all new areas explored and new things learned, I have returned to my home city and decided to share my experience with everyone here ^.^

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my short story at least as much as I enjoyed writing it ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment