Monday, March 21, 2011

Memories of the party

It was a rainy day, I was hiding before the rain in the Gridania inn drinking a cup of my favorite honey beverage.


It does not look like it will stop raining anytime soon. Lost in thoughts, I was suddenly disturbed by voice behind me.
I have looked behind me, there stood my friend Bosnian.

He must be looking for a shelter too in this rainy day, so I offered him a seat at my table.

We started talking about our past adventures in north forest.
In the past, we have taken upon many tasks together in the Camp Emerald Moss.

One of our tasks we to track down a couple of moles which were destroying their local fields.
Not so strange for moles to do that if you ask me, but work is a work.

It did not took long until we found them at appointed location west from the camp.
As expected, these moles can be little tricky to fight. They are able to bury and attack unexpectedly from under the ground.
But we did not gave up and fighted our best to learn them a lesson. Suddenly, one mole got scared and started to running away.
After a bit of chasing around it have stopped after entering into near plain.
This little has ran away to find its friends!
Learning about this being a larger conspiracy, we did not waited a bit and taught the moles a lesson they will never forget.

You next task were to take care of monkeys and mosquitoes who are endangering travelers north from the camp.
We have departed right away. Shortly, just on the first intersection we encountered first ones.
I wonder how these two different creatures are able to communicate with each other, nature is sure full of wonders.
Taking out the mosquito first, we gave some time to the monkey to come closer.
These monkeys are sure fast. Before I was able to realize what was going on, this little monkey ran all the way to me and kicked me flying back few meters.
All shaken up from what just happened I was trying to get back as fast as I could and seen Bosnian swinging his large axe above his head and suddenly hitting down the monkey with great force.
I have quickly drawn my arrows and fired.
Phew, that was some surprise. I would have ever imagine this little animal attacking with such power.

As we continues further into the forest, we seen strange creature. It was looking like ugly giant spider with really long left.
After observing a creating from afar, it suddenly decided to run away.
What was that thing? It surely looked silly running with those long thin legs.

Not so far we found another money and mosquito near the shallow river by the road.
But since we knew already what a little monkey is capable of, we have split, me taking on mosquito first and Bosnian going after the monkey.
This have worked out quite well and we were able to finish our task.

As we moved a little back and put away our weapons to heal our wounds, I have suddenly noticed that the long legged creature have come back and stood just above Bosnian.
I have slowly and silently walked backwards trying to gesticulate to move back.
Realizing Bosnian did not understood, I have quickly reached for my bow and fired my first arrow at the creature.
That was the moment when I realized how scary the Marauder really can be.
As the arrow whistled right next to him hitting the creature, without even looking behind him, he reached for his giant axe and with a long swing send one of the creature legs flying away.
Phew, I don't even know if it was Bosnian or the creature that was more scary.

Looking trough the window, we have seen that the rain finally stopped.


We have left the inn and I sit down outside near the chocobo stables watching Bosnian showing off his blacksmith skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment