Monday, March 21, 2011

Meeting with guildleve

Seeking new adventure I walked my way to Gridania's inn, its the place where all adventurers meet and talk about their stories.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by pleasant lady, owned of the inn.
She explained to me that this place is also called adventurers guild, the place where any adventurer can learn about new things and even pick up tasks or jobs also called leves to make a little gil or to start whole new adventure.

I was introduced to people who were in charge of organizing and offering leves to adventurers.
They have explained to me that leves are split into two categories called regional leves which are split into several more types and local leves which are requests for various artists for crafting items placed by people in gridania or one of many camps across the forest. Regional leves next split info battle leves which are tasks for warriors and mages to eliminate various dangerous monsters and field leves which are requests to gather raw materials or investigate gathering spots.
I was also explained that I can only take few leves at time as there are many adventurers out here looking for them. Of course there are not so many request being placed right now, so they have timit it so every adventurer is able to make few gil and enjoy at least short adventure.
But this is perfect for me. Of course I would like to try everything out, but I have time and its better to focus on one thing before starting another.
After a while listening to each guildleve assignment, I decided to take two of them with same target location in nearby camp.

I decided to not wait, I have stocked my bad with needed supplies, local map, arrows and headed to camp bentbranch right away.
I exited the gridania trough near city gate with the map in my hand and headed south where the camp bentbranch is settled according to the map.
It did not took long until I arrived to the camp. It was really small with aetherite in the center and few adventurers just like me standing next to it or sitting and talking besides camp fires.
I did not stood there for long, as I was excited to start my first leve and so I approached the aetherite. I have quickly searched for one of my guildleve plate and raised it to aetherite in my hand.
Plate started immediately glowing and showed me the location of my target.
Seeing the location was really close, I quickly checked tension of my bow and my quiver and quickly headed my way to pointed location.

It was really close, just on other side of the cliff from the camp.
I looked just from behind the corner few squirrels which were supposed to steal nuts from camp storage.
Oh well, I guess it cant be helped. I readied my bow and pulled my first arrow.
My first fight seems to be easy, I quickly stepped out and fired fist arrow on nearby squirrel.
Oh, how was I mistaken. These cute little animals seems powerless, but its not so true.
To my surprise, little squirrel turned its back to me, but then I seen what it have in plan. It fired a nut with its legs at amazing speed and hit me right into the face. Ouch >.< Before I could recover from the attack, I seen little squirrel running against me.
Now this little thing, I cant let it be like this!


I have quickly pulled my second arrow and fired it. Then another one and another until that little squirrel was turned into porcupine.
There, that's what happens to you if you start at me, little squirrel. It sure have learned its lesson.

If was hard fight, but I walked out as victorious and camp nut storage is safe ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment